Today, we have another terrific little baking idea for you to try. It’s an incredibly quick and easy little project that results in some really delicious desserts. Caroline in the City offered the recipe last month, following the work by another blogger, The Londoner.
There was a brief suggestion that these might be suggested to our readers under a slightly less tawdry and controversial name, but no, slutty these are and slutty they’ll be. Here’s how to do it…
Here’s all that you’ll need:
1 box of chocolate chip cookie mix
1 box of brownie mix
1 package of Oreos (or Hydrox if you’re a traditionalist)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Line an 8 X 8 inch pan with foil or parchment paper, and grease with either cooking spray or butter. (We have an all-edges pan which is awesome for projects like this!)
3. Prepare your chocolate chip cookie dough according to the instructions on the box (but don’t bake them yet!). Spread the dough into an even layer into the pan.
4. Place a layer of Oreos on top of the cookie dough.
5. Prepare your brownie mix according to the directions on the box (but again, don’t bake it!) and pour directly over the Oreos, evening out the top.
6. Bake in the oven on the middle rack for about 35-45 minutes, depending on how gooey you like your brownies to be.
7. Once your slutty brownies are out of the oven and cooled down, carefully lift the foil/parchment paper out of the pan and onto a cutting board. Cut your brownies however big or small you want!
You’ll want a tall glass of milk with these. Our thanks to Caroline for the great idea, although we can’t quite agree that these are best served with a glass of champagne!
If you’re only reading these chapters, then you are missing part of the story! We have a fantastic Facebook page, where you’ll be able to follow along with much more than just links to chapters here, but additional information about our favorite places, including PR announcements, links when our friends-in-blogging visit them, and other follow-up news about the places we’ve been when we can find it. Give us a like and tell your friends to come see us!